The Marysville and Triangle Community Foundation (MTCF) has been provided funds by the State of Victoria and has established the Triangle Community Development Fund Grants Program. The Triangle Community Development Program will support recovery and community projects in the Marysville and Triangle region.
The Triangle Community Development Fund is available for projects that meet the following criteria:
- Projects must be for a charitable purpose (see below).
- Projects must be for the benefit of the Marysville and Triangle community.
- Funding may only be granted to incorporated organisations. Funding may not be granted to individuals.
- Funding may not be used for political or religious purposes.
- For infrastructure projects, support by the legal owner must be obtained.
- Projects must comply with any applicable planning or statutory requirement.
Funding will not be provided:
- For any profit making activities.
- For commercial interests or individual businesses.
- For any activities that are core services and/or responsibility of government.
- For people outside Australia.
- For activities that are only for the purpose of sport or recreation or socialisation.
In accordance with its Constitution, MTCF must only provide funds for a “charitable purpose”. This includes:
- advancing health
- advancing education
- advancing social or public welfare
- advancing culture
- promoting reconciliation, mutual respect and tolerance between groups of individuals that are in Australia
- promoting or protecting human rights
- advancing the security or safety of Australia or the Australian public
- preventing or relieving the suffering of animals
- advancing the natural environment
- promoting or opposing a change to any matter established by law, policy or practice in the Commonwealth, a state, a territory or another country, and
- other similar purposes ‘beneficial to the general public’ (a general category).
(reference The Charities Act 2013 (Cth)
How to apply
The application process is managed on line through a system called Smarty Grants.
Before you commence the application process, please contact the Executive Officer to discuss your proposal.
Before you submit your application:
1. Please read the Triangle Community Development Fund fact sheet
2. Read the Smarty Grants Help Guide for Applicants Help Guide for Applicants – Smarty Grants
3. Read the MTCF Fact Sheet – Budgets and GST 11-5-2016
Get Acrobat Reader to view .pdf files.
Apply for a grant
You can access the grant application form here https://marysvilletrianglefoundation.smartygrants.com.au/TCDF2017